VQ30DET Forums

Forms for all those Vq Turbo projects
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:24 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:29 am 

I will be using a holset hx40rs turbo for.mock up

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:33 pm 
Site Admin

Will this be for production purposes, or to run on your Vq (has it arrived?)

Website http://www.vqturbo.com
Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/802123023211128/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:46 pm 

unkn0wn wrote:

My vq is a few weeks off yet and have a few things to do on it before manifolds go on etc but im going to make a few batches of manifolds up if there is a demand for them. I am also going to do a few stock intake manifold top halves with the throttle bodies pointing out the drivers side on a swap basis aswel as a completely new bolt on plenum that will be very slim to fit under the bonnet with the tb by the oil cap which will use the stock tbs and sensors as i know a few of you guys are interested in these

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:51 pm 

NISfab wrote:
unkn0wn wrote:

My vq is a few weeks off yet and have a few things to do on it before manifolds go on etc but im going to make a few batches of manifolds up if there is a demand for them. I am also going to do a few stock intake manifold top halves with the throttle bodies pointing out the drivers side on a swap basis aswel as a completely new bolt on plenum that will be very slim to fit under the bonnet with the tb by the oil cap which will use the stock tbs and sensors as i know a few of you guys are interested in these

A full set of high quality 3mm thick wall 316 stainless steel exhaust manifolds with 16mm flanges,vband flange join and wastegate outlet will be around 1400-1500au mark as the materials I use are the best you can buy and each manifold set uses $1000 of material's and atleast 50 hours labour to construct but the finished items will be the bees knees

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:17 pm 
Site Admin

NISfab wrote:
NISfab wrote:
unkn0wn wrote:

A full set of high quality 3mm thick wall 316 stainless steel exhaust manifolds with 16mm flanges,vband flange join and wastegate outlet will be around 1400-1500au mark as the materials I use are the best you can buy and each manifold set uses $1000 of material's and atleast 50 hours labour to construct but the finished items will be the bees knees

Do you need to remove the clutch fan with the front pipe method you think?

Is there actually any performance difference either way to running the crossover pipe at the front or rear of the engine?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:46 am 

I dont think the hydraulic fan will be an issue and.as for performance wise there isnt really any difference other than by running.it around the front of the engine it gives me more room to tune the headers on the passenger side and allows room for a large 3inch down pipe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:22 pm 
Site Admin

NISfab wrote:
unkn0wn wrote:

Are you going to do the sideways type? like this one?

If you designed it right, you could have the idle controller on the side.
then depending if people wanted it on the passenger or the drivers side they could just flip the intake. easy...right? haha

but maybe set up for a single, slightly larger TB

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:45 am 

Yep you can reverse the stock intake manifold but you run into bonnet clearance issues and Il be making a new top half plenum for my car soon with all of the stock sensors on it so stay tuned

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:26 pm 

Ok so a little update after a hectic last month at work u managed to get a weekend off to work on my r&d car,here is how she was when I got her

Attachments:
14865_1.jpg
14865_1.jpg [ 246.53 KiB | Viewed 20155 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:32 pm 

To this currently, I spent the last few days stripping the underside of the floor as there was a few small spits of rust I wanted to clean up and repaint with underseal,aswel as a complete gtr brake conversion, and adjustable suspension.

Next on the list is fully adjustable rear arms,cert,warrant and rego,manual gbox conversion, diff swap,and then a big nasty turbo :-)

Attachments:
DSC_0040.JPG
DSC_0040.JPG [ 1.42 MiB | Viewed 20155 times ]
DSC_0038.JPG
DSC_0038.JPG [ 1.32 MiB | Viewed 20155 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next