VQ30DET Forums

Forms for all those Vq Turbo projects
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:43 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: VQ30DET ECU pinout
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:09 am 

Thought this could be of interest to some of you as it seems to be hard to find these days.

I did not create this myself all credit goes to the person who made it, his name is in the right bottom I think. I have gone through all the wires/pins except for the AT section and can confirm they are all right. Some lines from pins are missing, but you should be able to figure it out easily enough.

It is from a Y33 by the way.

http://i.imgur.com/mpCsizD.jpg

Enjoy.

Post subject: Re: VQ30DET ECU pinout
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:15 pm 

good stuff.....

but ive gone aftermarket ecu and manual box....

:)

only because i didnt have the auto ecu and things just got to hard.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:53 am 

Mmm lucky you I see you have a very tidy car there would like to see more pics in the build thread. Hopefully this can still be of use to some I know without it I would have been lost (aftermarket ecu is a bit out of the budget right now), now we just need some people people on these forums.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:14 pm 

yeah i had heaps of pics on the old forum..... as well as others on an old photobucket account which got shut down. The gearbox is getting fitted in the next couple of weeks.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:02 am 

Nice, I see in your build thread you say you're going with a z32 box is that still the case? The VQ or VG box seem to be the most popular, seems to be very hard to find a Z33 box and to get a yolk for it as well. As for the Z32 box I don't really know why it became so popular to me it looks like it started in the USA and they were making adaptors so everyone is doing that. I will be going with a RB gearbox though due to price and availability of RB gearboxes, I'll be making my own adaptor plate as soon as I get some time to get all the measurements and then I'll draw it up in cad.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:05 am 

yeah the z32 came into my hands quite well, as i bought a wrecked z32 TT, and sold off most of everything.... basically i made money and still got a gearbox.... my mate who is building the car is having a chat to an engineer mate of his to determine if I should get an adaptor made (then manufacture and sell them to the vq community) or just do a cut and shut using the auto bellhousing.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 3:38 pm 

I also had a copy of this saved on my computer from the old forum, it was invaluable doing the VQ30det wiring of my conversion!
Hopefully the original maker of this VQ30det wiring diagram joins the forum so I can thank him!! 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:12 pm 

Hi - just noticed you guys found my wiring diagram from the old site - hopefully in came in handy for people and their conversions. These engines never really became very popular like I thought they would when I did my conversion about 7 years ago. I have now done 50,000km in my Ute with the vq30det in it and I'm just now considering giving it a freshen up as the valve cover gaskets have hardened up and started leaking a bit of oil. I might start a thread of the re-work once I begin - thinking of a require to clean up the engine bay and upgrading the turbo and new intercooler piping etc...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:37 pm 

Thanks for making that mspec